Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New start for a New Year

At the end of the year, many people take stock of their lives- where they are financially, where they are emotionally, and they look to the future to see where they want to be this time next year. While divorce is never easy, I have found that most people, myself included, find that once you make that decision, and take a step to get out of a relationship that is not working, you feel an immense sense of relief. There is sadness to be sure- the loss of a marriage and of a relationship that you thought would exist "'til death to you part" is terribly sad. I also felt a little ashamed, and embarrassed (I don't want people to look at me differently because I'm divorced); but once I made the decision to get divorced and get out of a situation that wasn't making me happy, I also felt very empowered- I was taking back control of my life; taking control of my happiness; and taking control of my future. Taking that first step to getting divorced is filled with mixed emotions, but after the initial shock and sadness wear off you realize your future is now of your own making- it is your adventure and what a wild and amazing ride it can be!

Take care, Allison

Disclaimer: The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. Disregard this solicitation if you have already engaged a lawyer in connection with legal matters referred to in this solicitation. You may wish to consult your lawyer or another lawyer instead of me. The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to me at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this solicitation is general and that your own situation may vary. This statement is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Missouri.

No comments: